Tuesday, November 24, 2015

DIY Christmas Wreath


Last year I bought "unbreakable" ornaments for our tree and I let the children have fun decorating the tree.  Of course that resulted in all the ornaments along the bottom of the tree and almost all the ornaments destroyed before Christmas.  *Sigh* 

With only 4 kid proof ornaments left, I decided it would be a great time to try a new Christmas color scheme.  After asking the Mr. for his ideas, he suggested Red, White and Blue decorations.  Done!  


I have never seen red, white and blue decorations in the store so this meant I had indirect permission to get crafty...right?!  I mean the whole color scheme is his idea...I'm just making it happen.  #muricanchristmas


For my first Christmas project I decided to make a wreath.  I've never made a wreath before but I think mine turned out pretty well (and it cost less than $25 to make).  


Are you ready to make your own?  Great! Let's start off with the supplies you will need:


Supplies:

  • Pine Wreath (small size, purchased 50% off at JoAnn's)
  • White Poinsettias (5 per stem)
  • White Eucalyptus
  • Another other type of accent holiday florals you wish to use (I selected blue berries)
  • 1 package of 22 gauge cloth wrapped floral wire
  • Hot glue gun and glue stick(s)
  • Wire cutters
Watch my video tutorial to see how to make your own wreath!  Click on the video below:




Thanks for stopping by!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate