Let's get started!
This recipe makes 30 Turkey Lasagna Cupcakes (serves 6-8)
- Cupcake tins for 30 (I use two of the 12ct trays and one of the 6ct)
- Cooking Spray (to coat the cupcake tins)
- 1 package of round won ton wrappers (if you can't find round, then you'll have to trim down the square won ton wrappers to make them round)
- 2lbs of ground turkey
- Morton's Nature's Seasons (you can substitute this with salt and pepper)
- 24.5oz Mezetta Napa Valley Bistro Homestyle Marinara Sauce (or your favorite brand)
- 16oz Skim (or low fat) Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2lb of 2% Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
*Use your regular utensils to measure out the ingredients.*
- To start, spray your tins with your cooking spray and preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Begin your layers by pressing your won ton wrapper into the bottom of your tin. If you have the square wrappers, you can use a round drinking glass as a template to make the round shape.
- Cook your ground turkey until completely done. Season with Morton's season all or salt and pepper.
- While your turkey is cooking start layering your cheeses in your tins...half a spoonful of grated parmesan, ricotta and a sprinkle of the shredded mozzarella.
- Once the ground turkey if fully cooked, you can add a teaspoon on top of the cheese layers and then top it with a spoonful of marinara sauce and repeat the layering process.
- After you have added a second layer, you can leave your lasagna cups open faced...or if you prefer to have them covered, you'll need to purchase another package of won ton wrappers. The package I buy contains 60 wrappers total, which is only enough for 2 wrappers per lasagna cupcake.
...and Happy Thanksgiving!!!!